Monday, March 2, 2015

Double Exposure Portraits

Portrait Photography is a picture of a person or group of people. A profile view is a picture of the side of a person's face, while silhouetting is a dark shape or outline with a lighter background. We used portrait photography to make our Double Exposure and Multi Exposure portraits.

This week, we did double exposure portraits in Photoshop. To make these, we needed a profile view of ourselves and two textural photos to show symbolism. First, it's File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack. You add your three pictures and it all comes out in layers.
Next, you need to use the dodge tool to lighten the areas around your face to make it completely white. After that's finished, you need to change all your blending modes to "Screen". And then you become, kind of transparent but you can see your background pictures. To make it look really cool, I made my background photos invert colors and they came out a nice purple by going to Layer > New Adjustment Layer, then using whatever look cool.
Practice
The symbolism in my two visual samples are the clouds and the horizon. I always wondered what's beyond the clouds and space and what's in other galaxies. For my other visual of the horizon line, I've always wanted to travel and see what's beyond the curves of the Earth and past where the eye can see. My quality of work could've improved by having my visuals be more unique and trying to think outside of the box more. 
Multi Exposure

12 comments:

  1. I love your image!
    I think you could've found a more symbolic meaning
    I like the picture of the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors, theyre very vibrant.
    I think your message works since its very clear what it is.
    You took both your practice picture and your final picture looking the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture in your final!!!!
    I just like clouds!!! :) (:
    I love your practice and how the colors aren't accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The symbols are easy to see and they are vibrant with color! The palm trees also give way to a beach which is pretty cool although a little part of your shoulder is cut off but other than that it's pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the two pictures like a lot i am so very in love with your pictures.
    One thing to improve is the message.
    I still really love the pictures i really, really love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The images are very clear.
    Clouds are symbols. Such wow
    Such brightness, very wow

    ReplyDelete
  7. the multi exposure is very c;lear
    it looks like the coconut trees are flying
    good use of negative space

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite part of your work is the palm trees.
    Your message works because you can see both symbols although, it sounds like they don't symbolize you.
    Your quality of work could of improved by your eye being for visible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the images you used, and the dodge-out quality is really good.
    The images are cool, but I cant see how it relates to you.
    The images just blend into your profile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Compliment: Amazing images
    Improvement: Your images don't really have symbolism
    Compliment: Amazing colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the clouds :P
    I think you could've chose symbols that represent you.
    I love the finished multi exposure image and your practice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the two symbols you chose.
    You cant really see your face.
    I love your over all image.

    ReplyDelete